- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Verification statement or Declaration of Intent from an ACEND-accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD)
- Overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Degrees granted more than 3 years prior to the application must be updated with appropriate DPD coursework
2-Step Application Instructions & Timeline
- Complete Vanderbilt University's Peabody College Application
- Complete the DICAS application
- VUMC does not sponsor international students. Information on Vanderbilt's Peabody College admission policies for international applicants can be found here.
- A selection committee with intentional diversity (consisting of preceptors, internship faculty, a faculty representative from the M.Ed. program, a representative from the Center for Programs in Allied Health and current interns) reviews online applications. Each committee member individually considers GPA, extracurricular activities, work/volunteer experience, personal statement, and references. The online matching process aligns applicant internship preferences with internship selection of candidates.
- During internship orientation, students will complete a non-punitive practice exam for Registered Dietitian Nutritionists. Additionally, students complete a compentency survey which lists ACEND's five domains and fifty competencies. Students self-reflect their perceived readiness to practice in each competency area: highly prepared, prepared, somewhat prepared, or unprepared. The practice exam and the competency survey provide both the student and the internship faculty an assessment of the student's prior learning and perceived skills at the start of the dietetic intership. No VUMC Dietetic Internship Program credit is granted for prior learning.
- Click here to view VUMC Immunization Compliance Requirements (This page is for viewing purposes only. No documentation will be submitted to any links on this page. This page is reflective of VUMC policies and not those of any other organization.)
- VUMC will manage and enforce compliance of the COVID-19 vaccine requirement for the Dietetic Internship. The Peabody College Master's in Human Development Studies program has clinical components and will require students to comply with the vaccination requirements of their clinical site.