Welcome to Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt.
Before You Start:
If you are new to VUMC:
- After your background check has cleared, set up your VUMC ID login via AccessVUMC:
- Your VUMC ID will be used to access VUMC email & VUMC programs.
- VUMC email will be the primary way your unit-based educator will communicate with you.
- If you have any trouble claiming your VUMC ID contact the Help Desk at 615-343-4357[HELP].
- If you have any questions about parking, please call 615-936-1215 or visit VUMC Parking and Transportation Services
- Please follow the schedule provided to you by your unit-based educator. Not every staff member will need to attend every class listed below.
For questions, please email your unit leadership or firstname.lastname@example.org
Many of our orientation classes are virtual. You will need to join with both audio and video. Before joining a virtual class, please review the instructions below. Please note: you may be removed from class if you are unable to meet the items listed below.
- Audio & Video
- Audio and video are required for virtual classes.
- Audio should be muted as soon as you enter the course. Remain on mute unless you are participating via verbal response.
- Please ensure that you are in view of your camera.
- Dress comfortably and professionally (business casual or scrubs).
- Ensure that you are in an appropriate location to guarantee internet connection, take notes, and participate - sitting/lying in bed or sitting in a car would not be appropriate locations.
- For safety reasons, if you are driving during class, you will immediately be removed.
- We expect everyone in attendance to participate.
- Participation can occur by unmuting yourself to make a comment or sending a message in the chat box.
- Your instructor may also send messages during the course to ask specific questions to ensure understanding/competence.
- Additional Guidance
- Limit outside distractions (i.e., TV should be off, etc. while in class).
- No screenshots or pictures should be taken without the permission of all class participants.
- Messages written in the chat may be saved. Be mindful of what you write and share.
- Please limit the use of phones and other devices while in class.
eStar Documentation Class: Link will be sent to your VUMC email 24-48 hours prior to class. If you are not able to take this class virtually, the eStar training center may be available for you to reserve a seat (10 days in advance). Seat reservation: 2525 West End Ave. Suite 212
- Audio & Video
RNs, Paramedics, CPs, & MAs: Scrub or uniform shirts may be solid or patterned. Solid white tops and Vanderbilt-issued “blue” scrubs should not be worn. Solid color T-shirts, turtlenecks, or approved Monroe Carell logo T-shirts may be worn. Scrub jackets, VCH fleeces, or solid-colored jackets may be worn on the unit; however, hoodies or jackets with logos should not be worn. All pants must be scrub or uniform (no jeans, sweatpants, or knit pants), shorts, skorts, or Capri pants. Please refer to specific area dress codes for additional information.
Medical Receptionists & PSRs: Medical Receptionists and PSRs are to wear professional attire. This does not include jeans or scrub attire; dress pants and blouses are recommended. Colored lab coats can be worn (white is not allowed).
Surgical Staff: Follow the Dress Code Policy upon entering/leaving the hospital. Staff will change into Vanderbilt hospital-issued scrubs after arrival to the perioperative space.
Time & Attendance:
Kronos records your time and attendance. It is your responsibility to record the time worked accurately. There are online training modules that will help you understand the process of using the Kronos reader and approving your timecard before payroll deadlines. Reference materials for Kronos can be found here. For questions, please refer to the Attendance and Punctuality policy.
You will clock in during orientation by pressing “orientation” and swiping your badge. Verify that the green “Accepted” message is visible.