The DAISY (Diseases Attacking the Immune System) Award is an international recognition program that honors and celebrates the skillful, compassionate care nurses provide every day. The DAISY Foundation was established by the family of J. Patrick Barnes after he died from complications of the auto-immune disease ITP in 1999. During his hospitalization, they deeply appreciated the care and compassion shown to Patrick and his entire family. When he died, they felt compelled to say "thank you" to nurses in a very public way.
Please say thank you by sharing your story of how a nurse made a difference you will never forget! Share your story.
|DAISY "Say Thank You to a Nurse" (8-1/2 x 11 flyer)|
Click on season for complete list of VUMC DAISY Recipients
• Marianne Broyles, RN, Adult 4, Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital
• Jamie Runions, RN, Adult CSL, Team D
• Claudia Davis, MSN, RN. Unit: Adult 3, Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital
• Kayla Felker, RN, Adult 1
• Emily Burton, BSN, RN, Adult 2
Winter 2018 (Inaugural Recipients)
• Mallory Johnson, BSN, RN, Adult 2 Unit