For classroom courses:
You can re-access your eCard from the AHA eCards website.
- Enter your first and last name and your @vumc.org email address.
- Then answer your security question.
- If you no longer work at VUMC and need your email address updated, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For HeartCode Complete courses:
You can access your eCard through your HeartCode course.
- Find the course in your Transcript in the Learning Exchange.
- Click the green Complete button to open the course page.
- Click the green Complete button again to launch to course.
- Click Email eCard or View eCard.
For BLS, ACLS, and PALS: If it is your first time taking the course, you need the Provider (Initial) classroom course. If you have current certification or expired certification, you should take the HeartCode Renewal course.
For Heartsaver AED, PEARS, and EOR: There are no renewal courses. The courses are the same for initial and renewal certification.
Classroom courses for the following month are released on the 15th of the current month. Registration is in the Learning Exchange. Visit the Register for a Course page for links to the Learning Exchange and to view future course calendars.
You can enroll for HeartCode Renewal courses 90 days before your current card expires. Registration is in the Learning Exchange.
All American Heart Association cards are valid for 2 years. They expire on the last day of the month in which you took the course.
Due to the high demand for courses from our staff, we are not able to offer courses to people in the community.
We do our best to hold classes if possible. Sometimes it is necessary to cancel class for the safety of our instructors and participants. If we're unable to have class, we'll post the class status on the website and notify participants by email. Please use your own judgement as to whether or not it is safe for you to attend class.