The Psychiatric Neuroimaging Program in the Department of Psychiatry at Vanderbilt University Medical College supports research and teaching initiatives across a broad spectrum of psychiatric illness.
Working in close collaboration with colleagues in various departments, the Vanderbilt University Institute for Imaging Sciences (VUIIS), and colleagues at other institutions, the Psychiatric Neuroimaging Program seeks to foster multimodal, multidisciplinary research addressing the etiology, pathophysiology, and treatment of mental illness.
Areas of Specific Focus
- Facilitating new research initiatives.
- Assisting investigators with study design, data acquisition, data analysis, human subjects protection , and subject recruitment.
- Assisting investigators with grant applications.
- Research training resource for undergraduates, medical students, graduate students, residents, and fellows.
- Ongoing education and training for collaborators, including journal clubs, lecture series, seminars, and laboratory meetings.