Welcome to the Vanderbilt University Medical Center Evidence Based Practice and Nursing Research website. Nursing Research is one of the primary missions of Vanderbilt University (VU) and Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC). Vanderbilt is one of the nation's top leaders in educating and supporting nurses as they work to improve patient care and generate game-changing research through Evidence-Based Practice initiatives. The Nursing Research department supports nurses' involvement in the use, generation, and dissemination of knowledge to advance nursing practice and patient care. The Nursing Research Department is staffed by VUMC's Director of Nursing Research, a Nursing Research Consultant, and a Program manager.
Services provided by the Nursing Research Department
- One-on-one consultations for nurses at all levels conducting research
- Education on the research process, evidence-based practice, and dissemination
- Assistant with poster development and presentation
- Mentoring nurses at all levels in scholarly activities
- Assistance with IRB applications
- Manuscript review