Our Mission: Providing visionary health protection.
FLUla-2-Uza Is Back
Getting your flu immunization is easy and safe! Visit the FLUla-2-Uza site to learn about the many ways you can get your flu shot this year.
Flu season is right around the corner, and your health and safety is our top priority. Receiving a flu vaccination helps reduce your risk of flu illness and protects you from spreading it to others that are more susceptible to illness. The flu vaccine can take up to two weeks after being administered to provide full protection, so it is recommended to obtain it as early as possible (and, per CDC recommendation, by the end of October) to ensure the greatest protection throughout the entire flu season.
Please remember: VUMC workforce members must have documentation of flu vaccination (or approved exemption, if applicable) by December 1, 2021.
Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Information
For vaccine information, including locations, submitting documentation from vaccinations received outside of Occupational Health, and requesting an exemption – see our Vaccine Information Page.
Note: Pfizer booster doses are available at our locations on a walk-in basis beginning October 11.
REMINDER: For VUMC employees, COVID-19 vaccination (or approved exemption) is a compliance requirement. Compliance is met by having two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. The Pfizer booster dose is not part of the VUMC compliance requirement.
Occupational Health Clinic is administering the Pfizer vaccine at the Nashville campus. Johnson & Johnson vaccine is available upon request for a limited time. For more information about where to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, visit our COVID-19 Vaccine Information page.
Need more COVID-19 information regarding exposure, testing, monitoring, and vaccines?
Visit the OHC COVID-19 Information site for answers to common COVID-19 vaccine, exposure, testing, and monitoring questions for faculty and staff of Vanderbilt University Medical Center and Vanderbilt University.
COVID-19 Vaccine Questions?
Call the COVID-19 hotline at 888-312-0847. Nursing staff are available daily 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. to answer questions related to the vaccine, including side effects. Click here for a list of COVID-19 vaccine FAQs.
Welcome to Vanderbilt!
Before your first day of work, we want to make sure you have all you need to maximize your productivity and well-being. We provide required health services to protect you at work, and services to promote health and build resilience.
Incoming VUMC staff may receive these services before their first day of work by attending ALL ABOARD. New faculty and housestaff receive these services during their orientation.
Learn more about ALL ABOARD , including ways to get compliant if you can't make an event.
Need an immunization or test for compliance? OHC provides many convenient options for Vanderbilt faculty and staff.
To get your compliance services either:
- Drop by The Occupational Health Clinic at Suite 640 in the Medical Arts Building between 7:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.. No appointment needed for current employees.
- Visit one of our many convenient OHC Comes To You events.
Send information to OHC using these fast and easy electronic tools.
- TB Skin Testing: Learn more or if you are a designated tester order supplies.
- Easy Reader: Learn more or log in to enter a TB skin test result.
- Immunization Exemption Request: Individuals may request an exemption through this HR site. However, for everything except influenza or COVID-19, please TALK with an OHC nurse first! Often we can help find an alternative to vaccination.
- Animal Allergy: Learn more about occupational animal allergies, or complete the allergy survey.
- Offsite Clinic Immunizations: Learn more about vaccines besides flu that can be given by offsite clinics, or document vaccines given.
- Compliance Reports: Need to know how to access to compliance reports? Visit our Verifying Compliance page for all the info.