FACULTY POSITION OPENINGS
The Department of Biomedical Informatics (DBMI) at VUMC is seeking tenure-track and non-tenure track faculty candidates with expertise in the field of biomedical informatics. The Department is seeking and will consider candidates at all ranks.
- If interested in joining our faculty and/or learning more about our department, APPLY HERE!
The successful candidate will have a track record or promise of impactful work across the broad domains within the field of Biomedical Informatics, especially in alignment with VUMC's missions of discovery, clinical service, education, and leadership. VUMC's core mission of personalizing the patient experience through its caring spirit and distinctive capabilities relies heavily on the work DBMI leads.
While we will consider candidates working across the range of biomedical informatics sub-domains, the Department is particularly interested in candidates who can advance its strategic areas, including:
- Clinical informatics
- Research informatics
- Public and Population Health informatics
- Translational Bioinformatics
- Precision Medicine
- AI and Data Science
- Digital and Consumer Health
- Informatics for Ethical and Equitable Health
The successful applicant should have the background and experience working in the field of biomedical informatics. Applicants must possess any of:
- PhD in biomedical informatics, computational biology, health data science or a closely related field
- Advanced clinical training (MD, PharmD, or other clinical degree) and training or certification in biomedical informatics
- Candidates with other qualifications are welcome to inquire
Applications for this position should submit a cover letter, CV, and the names and contact information of a minimum of three references. The cover letter should describe the applicant's relevant qualifications and experience, as well as brief statements of research and teaching interests.