Our Mission: Providing visionary health protection.
Vanderbilt Occupational Health
The Occupational Health Clinic (OHC) cares for Vanderbilt faculty and staff through a variety of programs used to monitor exposure to workplace hazards, and the prevention/treatment of work-related illness and injury.
OHC also offers Faculty/Staff Express Care, a separate walk-in clinic for minor illnesses.
OHC provides services to Vanderbilt employees who work at One Hundred Oaks, Williamson County, Franklin, and other satellite locations. There is also an onsite Occupational Health Nurse at Bedford County, Tullahoma Harton and Wilson County Hospitals. In addition, OHC provides care to remote employees through telemedicine.
Occupational Health is located at 640 Medical Arts Building
Weekdays, 7:00-4:30 pm
Faculty/Staff Express Care Clinic located at 112 Medical Arts Building
Weekdays, 7:30-4 pm
Employee COVID-19 Information
For full COVID-19 employee information, visit the OHC COVID-19 information page.
Interested in receiving the updated monovalent COVID-19 vaccine? Visit the Occupational Health Clinic beginning September 28, 2023 to receive the updated monovalent COVID-19 vaccine.
COVID-19 Exposure, Infection and Return-to-Work Guidelines: For updated guidance on what to do if you are exposed to COVID-19 or test positive for COVID-19, and to understand when you can return to work, see our Updated COVID-19 Exposure, Infection and Return-to-Work Guidelines.
To access the Return to Work after COVID-19 Infection REDCap survey, click here.
Employee Flu Vaccine Program Information
Getting your flu immunization is easy and safe! Visit the Employee Influenza Vaccine Program site to learn about the many options to get your flu shot this year or to report a flu vaccine you received outside of Occupational Health.
REMINDER: VUMC employees must have documentation of their flu vaccination (or approved exemption, if applicable) updated in their Occupational Health record. To view your Occupational Health record, you can log into your Health & Wellness Information Portal.
Medical Care Information
Blood and Body Fluid Exposures
For more information on what to do after a possible blood and body fluid exposure occurs while at work, click here.
Occupational Health offers telehealth visits for employees who work remotely or are unable to make it to campus for an in person visit, learn more here.
After Hours Care
For any blood and body fluid exposures that occur after 4:30 pm or over the weekend, holidays, please call the OHC On Call Provider for guidance at 615-936-0955. For any other work-related injuries that occur outside of Occupational Health Clinic hours call OHC on call provider for guidance at 615-936-0955. For all workplace injuries and exposures, please make sure to complete a Tennessee First Report of Injury.
Welcome to Vanderbilt!
Before your first day of work, we want to make sure you have all you need to maximize your productivity and well-being. We provide required health services to protect you at work and services to promote health and build resilience.
Incoming VUMC staff may receive these services before their first day of work by attending ALL ABOARD at the New Staff Orientation. New faculty and housestaff receive these services during their orientation.
Learn more about ALL ABOARD, including ways to get compliant if you can't make an event.
Need an immunization or test for compliance? OHC provides many convenient options for Vanderbilt faculty and staff.
To get your compliance services either:
- Drop by The Occupational Health Clinic at 640 Medical Arts Building between 7:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. No appointment needed for current employees.
- Visit one of our many convenient OHC Comes To You events.
Helpful links to find and send information to OHC.
- TB Skin Testing: Learn more or if you are a designated tester order supplies.
- Easy Reader: Learn more or log in to enter a TB skin test result.
- Immunization Exemption Request: Individuals may request an exemption through this HR site. However, for everything but influenza or COVID-19 please TALK with an OHC nurse first! Often we can help find an alternative to vaccination.
- Animal Allergy: Learn more about occupational animal allergies, or complete the allergy survey.
- Offsite Clinic Immunizations: Learn more about vaccines besides flu that can be given by offsite clinics, or document vaccines given.
- Compliance Reports: Need to know how to access to compliance reports? Visit our Verifying Compliance page for all the info.
- Obtaining outside Immunization Record: CDC guidance on how to obtain your immunization records from out of state.
- Former workforce members requesting immunization records will need to request any records from the Office of Medical Records