Volunteers are needed for this event, for clinical and non-clinical staff as vaccinators, vaccinator helpers, documenters, and for help with patient flow.
You can sign up to work Flulapalooza® by clicking this link: Event staff signup.
Guidelines for working at the event:
- Your participation in Flulapalooza® must be approved by your supervisor.
- Your department pays your usual salary when you work at Flulaplaooza®, so they must OK your participation.
- Clinical staff (vaccinators and vaccinator helpers) must be licensed/credentialed nurses, doctors, or pharmacists, or clinical students with a faculty member present.
- Vaccinator helpers will assist the vaccinator and may be called upon to administer vaccinations in rare instances.
- Vaccinators and vaccinator helpers will be required to complete an online education module prior to the event.
- Vaccinators and vaccinator helpers must arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start of their vaccination shift for mandatory in-person training.
- Non-clinical staff can volunteer as documenters.
- Documenters enter the flu vaccination information on a web-based application.
- You will be required to complete training which will show you how to use the application. The training session is approximately 1 hour. You are required to complete this training module prior to the event.
- You must be a VUMC employee with a valid VUMC ID to work at Flulapalooza® as a documenter.
- Patient Flow volunteers
- Assist with directing patients to the various locations within the Flulapalooza® event area.
- VU and VUMC employees can work as patient flow volunteers
- Patient Flow volunteers are not required to attend an online training session.
- Patient flow guides and greeters will receive training 30 minutes prior to their scheduled shift.