The Medical Center has many programs in place to support individuals and work groups in their psychological and spiritual health.
- Work/Life Connections -EAP (WLC) offers individual coaching and counseling to all VUMC employees. WLC's team of clinicians conducts assessments and provides recommendations focused on the specific needs of employees.
- Counseling for acute life stressors is brief and solution-focused. Employees needing longer term or more specialized counseling for ongoing issues will be given resource information and referrals to community providers.
- Performance Coaching focuses on enhancing productivity and workplace effectiveness through goal-setting and skill-building.
- Located in the basement of the Medical Arts Building, WLC offers free and confidential services to employees and their spouses. Telehealth and in-person services are available to meet your individual needs. Please call 615-936-1327 to schedule an initial assessment appointment to determine what service best meets your needs.
- The Workgroup Dynamic Services of Work/Life Connections-EAP offers services to groups and support for managers. Leaders may contact WLC at 615-936-1327 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manager Consultation & Coaching: A manager may wish to discuss areas of concern such as stress in the workplace, how to refer employees with problems, or enhancing department morale.
- Resilience Skill Training: Presenting to departments and groups, this service promotes stress resilience skills to assist faculty and staff in balancing their work and person lives.
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) interventions following a critical incident or workplace crisis to facilitate discussion about the emotional impact of a challenging situation can be requested. A critical incident is an event which may produce unusual or distressing emotional response such as a challenging patient, death, threat or act of violence or other traumatic event in the workplace.
- Vanderbilt Health Spiritual & Pastoral Care – The Touchstone Program offers a 3-minute virtual service of affirmation to remind us of the connection between who you are and the work that you do; a reminder of why you chose to work in healthcare and all that you bring to this work. To participate in the Touchstone Program, contact Pastoral Care at 615-343-3535. In addition, our chaplains are available to offer spiritual support for staff individually or in group settings.
- Options for Behavioral Health
- The VUMC health plan offers televideo counseling services through Aetna and Arcadian Telepsychiatry at the tier 1 preferred network rate. A network is a group of physicians, hospitals, and other health care providers that have agreed to provide medical services at pre-negotiated rates. For Aetna Select and Aetna Plus plan members, there is only a $25 copay for the service. A copay is what you will pay for the visit. You can meet with a licensed, professional behavioral health specialist at your convenience via your computer or mobile device. To schedule a televideo appointment, call 866.991.2103.
- VUMC health plan members also have access to AbleTo, an 8-week program through Aetna that combines counseling and coaching to help you tackle life changes, such as grief and loss. You meet weekly one-on-one with both a therapist and a coach via phone or video chat and only pay one copay for both sessions charged at the tier 1 rate. Call 855.773.2354 to schedule a consultation.
- If you are enrolled in the VUMC health plan, you have multiple options for traditional behavioral health care at the tier 1 rate — including Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital, Rogers Behavioral Health and Natchez Trace Youth Academy. Visit hr.vumc.org/benefits/medical for a link to the Aetna docfind.