Summer is the perfect time for grilling and cooking out with friends and family. It is also a time when a wide variety of fresh seasonal produce is available. Vegetables and fruits on the grill can add a unique, colorful element to your next cookout, while also adding vitamins, fiber, and other nutrients. Lean meats are a great source of protein and can be quick and easy grilling choices. Grilling is one of the healthiest ways to cook because it adds flavor without having to add sodium or fat. Here are some tips and recipes to help you keep grilling healthy and choose the best foods for your cookout. Let the fire do its job and enjoy!
Grill with No Guilt
Choose two of your favorite seasonal fruits or vegetables to grill with friends or family this week.
- Gordon B. Tips for Healthy Cookout. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- American Institute for Cancer Research. Guide to Healthy Grilling.
- Gordon B. Fire Up The Barbecue. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- American Heart Association. Top Ten Tips For Healthy Grilling and Barbecuing.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention. How to Grill Safely.