The Ergonomics Program is here to help you work in comfort and safety!
Ergonomics is the science of fitting workplace conditions and job demands to the ability of the worker.
The use of ergonomic practices in the workplace can:
- Increase your comfort
- Lessen the chance of an injury
- Make your job easier
You can conduct your own office ergonomics workstation evaluation online.
- The evaluation will take about 15 minutes.
- Follow the recommendations in the module and give the changes about a month to work.
- Here's how to get started with your online office ergonomics workstation evaluation:
- For VUMC:
- Log-in to the Learning Exchange
- Search for "VOTE" (without the quotes)
- You should see a course titled "Vanderbilt Online Tutorial for Ergonomics"
- Click the Launch or Enroll button to get started
- For VU:
- Click the direct link here
- Note: if not already logged into Oracle, employees must click the blue Company Single Sign-On button to enter their logon credentials on the Vanderbilt sign in page)
- For VUMC:
- If you still have questions after this evaluation, discuss with your supervisor and if you both agree an in-person evaluation is needed, complete an Ergonomic Consultation Request.
- Your healthcare provider can also complete Ergonomic Consultation Request on your behalf.
Remember: if you experience recurring pain due to a work activity, you should report this to your supervisor and make a visit to The Occupational Health Clinic located at 640 Medical Arts Building. The clinic's telephone number is 615-936-0955.
Safe Patient Handling Program/Smooth Moves
Keywords: evaluation, consult, workstation, computer, lifting, back