The Center for Improving the Public's Health through Informatics (CIPHI) within Vanderbilt University Medical Center's Department of Biomedical Informatics periodically seeks candidates for staff positions. You can also review Vanderbilt's HR site for external applicants for current open positions here. NOTE: VUMC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
As of November 2022, the CIPHI team is currently looking to fill the following positions. Please see job listings below for current staff opportunities with detailed job descriptions.
- Associate Application Developer (2)
- Research Coordinator
Associate Application Developers (2) - CIPHI
Updated November 2022
Develops and modifies software with some guidance. Designs, codes, performs benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs.
- Develops or modifies software.
- Ensures appropriate documentation for all development and modification.
- Ensures integrity and security of institutional data.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
- Organizational Impact: Delivers job responsibilities that impact own job area/team with some guidance.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Uses existing procedures, research and analysis to solve standard job related problems that may require some judgement.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Requires subject matter knowledge within a professional area to meet job requirements.
- Team Interaction: Individually contributes to project/ work teams.
** Minimum Qualifications Required **
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and < 1 year relevant industry
Research Coordinator - CIPHI
Updated October 2022
Independently direct and manage research activities; responsible for management and coordination of numerous research studies and personnel at multiple study centers and organizations; educate staff on project research protocols; act as central resource person. Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 5 years experience required.