Healthy employees have always been a priority for Vanderbilt University Medical Center—regardless of their income. VUMC has partnered with 3 farms to offer all VUMC employees a chance to enroll in a CSA program at a discounted rate. CSA. CSA stands for community supported agriculture and works like a subscription program for vegetables and fruits. Enrollment in a CSA allows employees to get local, seasonal produce directly from a farm.
Throughout the growing season, members receive a portion of each harvest that includes a variety of vegetables. These baskets of fruits and vegetables are often brought by the farmers to a central location for convenient pickup by CSA members.
- All VUMC employees receive a 15% discount to one of the above CSA programs.
- VUMC employees earning $35,000 or less per year are eligible to receive a fully-subsidized CSA share.
- Participants can join one of three CSA farms: Caney Fork Farms, Delvin Farms, Green Door Gourmet
- Participants can choose either a half share (for individuals or small families) or full share (for larger families).
- Participants must be willing to pick up their weekly or bi-weekly share.
- Participants can pick up their share at any location that their specific farm offers.
- All CSA memberships either the 15% or the full subsidy are considered taxable income. See FAQ below for details.
- Participants are asked to complete a confidential survey about food and eating habits before and after the CSA season for the program partner, Rooted Community Health initiative.