Medical Assistant Program
About the Program
The Medical Assistant Program is a partnership between Nashville State Community College (NSCC) and Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in the Center for Programs in Allied Health. This program provides a unique opportunity for students to pursue a health career that is in high demand and provides the opportunity to work as a Medical Assistant at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
Enrolled students complete a rigorous didactic curriculum at NSCC with courses in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, clinical procedures, and administrative management. Course work is reinforced through hands-on clinical application of content learned at VUMC medical clinics and under the supervision of clinical preceptors. Students gain skills in communications, taking vital signs, assisting with clinical examinations, and performing certain medical laboratory procedures.
The anticipated start date for the next cohort is Monday, January 22, 2024.
- Pipeline to a career as a Medical Assistant at VUMC
- 12 weeks to completion
- 4 weeks classroom instruction at NSCC
- 8 weeks clinical experience various VUMC clinical departments
- Certification test preparation
- Online support modules
- Weekly cohort collaboration
Applications for the medical assistant trainee positions are accepted through the VUMC Human Resources Department.
- Note: Please search for current opportunities on the VUMC HR job search page here and use the search term "medical assistant trainee program."
If you have any questions regarding this program, please contact the program director LaQuana Pollard at email@example.com.