In 2016, VUMC adopted a strategy framework instead of a strategic plan to promote agility, a multidirectional approach, and experimenting toward success. We established strategic directions that serve as our compass to help us find our way as conditions change.
Our Strategic Directions
- Design for Patients and Families. We will care for people in a compassionate and personalized way, wherever they are, whenever they need us.
- Discover, Learn and Share. Our collaborative learning environment ensures that we remain nimble and distinctive as a national leader in biomedical discovery, health care, and education. As we create new research capabilities and innovate systems of learning we will make discoveries of value and develop the people to lead transformation of health care. We will connect our academic medical center seamlessly to the world to benefit our patients, the communities we serve and the health ecosystem.
- Make Diversity and Inclusion Intentional. We will reflect the diversity of the populations and staff we serve in our teams, programs and communications; and be inclusive in our processes and decisions.
VUMC's Mission - Vision - Tagline
- Mission: Personalizing the patient experience through our caring spirit and distinctive capabilities
- Vision: [We are] the world leader in advancing personalized health
- Tagline: Making Health Care Personal.
Our Annual Update
Each year, we report on any revisions to our strategic direction(s) and work across the medical center that advances those directions.