Welcome to MCSAC’s Grant Application Funding process! We are excited to receive your project for consideration. Over the years, MCSAC has funded countless VUMC projects to improve the lives of our patients, caregivers, faculty and staff. In recent years, MCSAC has awarded grants to the following initiatives:
- Bridging Families
- Facilitating Environmental Safety in the Homes of Patients at Increased Risks for Falls
- Project SEARCH
- Pediatric Asthma Home Initiative
On the grant proposal, you will be asked to indicate the following:
- Grant Aim (3 Aims total)
- Overall proposal strategy, timeline, and impact
MCSAC hopes to fund as many proposals as possible, but due to limited fundraising ability over the past year, some proposals may only be offered partial funding, and we ask that all applicants understand the most possible per grant is $500 this fiscal year.
MCSAC grant awards may not be used for any of the following:
- Routine department items
- Renovation of physical facilities
- Telephone services
- Laboratory or office furniture
- Membership dues
- Professional subscriptions
- Recruiting fees
- Maintenance contracts
- Computer equipment
- Personnel salary support
Grant recipients must agree to come to a future MCSAC meeting and report on the project success and how funds were used.
- Friday, April 30 : Applications due and should be sent to MCSAC@vumc.org
- Be sure to cc: Tabbi.M.McKinney@vumc.org
- Please type Grants into the subject line of the email.
- May 11: the MCSAC Grants Committee will present its 2021 recommendations to the Council and begin notifying award recipients.
- June 1: , MCSAC will disburse grant funds to recipients via journal entry.
Click here to view/download the 2021 Grant application
Special appreciation to this year's Grant Committee members who receive, review, score and award our grant applications.
- Committee Chair: Tabbi McKinney, Office of Health Sciences Educ-VUMC
- Anne Axon, General Internal Medicine & Public Health
- Camille Barkalow, CE Strategic Planning Administration
- Kelley Robbins, VICC
- Addie Vienneau, Children's Services Administration