The MCSAC has four standing committees. All committees will have a chair and will report on current activities at each MCSAC meeting. Membership on committees is a one-year term with no limit of serving consecutive terms. Each committee will set goals and report on progress annually. Responsiblities of four committees are outlined below; for more information about the Grants Committee, see the MCSAC Grants page.
- Gathering and publishing information to membership
- Maintaining list of current membership
- Maintaining the MCSAC website
- Providing recommendations on improvements to communication
- Coordinating volunteers when requests are made for council participation
- Facilitating council sponsored activities such as Needles and Pins, Employee Celebration, etc.
- Recommending changes to the MCSAC Charter, as needed
- Overseeing selection of new members
- Ensuring that activities are procedurally consistent with the Charter
Staff Life Committee
- Investigating issues of staff concern through such means as surveying the membership
- Researching issues of staff concern
- Prioritizing the issues of staff concern
- Recommending for the Council's consideration a specific course of action when appropriate