Externships are offered to third-year dental students who are interested in a brief but concentrated exposure to the specialty of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. The duration of the Externship is two weeks. The dental student extern will participate in all departmental activities, both clinical and didactic. Also, the extern will be encouraged to take in-house maxillofacial trauma call with the OMS residents.
If you are interested in applying for a position in the externship program, the following materials are required:
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from dental school faculty
- Current Dental School transcript with class rank (unofficial copy is acceptable)
- Current Resume / CV
- Copy of National Board Part 1 Score
- Certificate of Liability Insurance ($1,000,000 / $3,000,000)
- Copy of Personal Health / Immunization Records
- Copy of Health Insurance Cards
- Completed background check, conducted by your home institution
Please provide first and second choice dates for your externship. There are a limited number of positions for dental student externs that are filled on a first come, first served basis. The summer months are the most popular, though we will consider externs at any time.
Once your file is complete, it will be reviewed by our faculty and we will contact you to let you know if you have been selected for an Externship.