Publication Acknowledgement Requirements
All publications resulting from the research or research training supported by this fellowship must include the Vanderbilt MAGEC program grant number (T32 CA160056) in addition to the grant numbers of other externally-funded projects involved in the research that produced the publication.
NIH Public Access Policy Compliance
All trainee publications resulting from work conducted during their fellowship falls under the NIH Public Access Policy. With the help of their mentors, trainees are required to understand the policy and ensure that their publications comply with it.
The NIH Public Access Policy ensures that the public has access to the published results of NIH funded research. It requires scientists to submit final peer-reviewed journal manuscripts that arise from NIH funds to the digital archive PubMed Central upon acceptance for publication. To help advance science and improve human health, the Policy requires that these papers are accessible to the public on PubMed Central no later than 12 months after publication.
Instruction in the Responsible Conduct of Research
- First year BRET training
- Subsequent year BRET training
- Vanderbilt CITI Training
- Create a login and password (DO NOT use your VUnetID and epassword)
- Affiliate with Vanderbilt
- Choose “Vanderbilt University” from the Participating Institutions drop-down menu.
- Leave the other drop-down menus blank.
- Click Submit.
- Complete required modules
- Year 1: Complete the Group 1. Biomedical Research Investigators and Key Personnel module
- Subsequent years: Complete the Refresher Course (up to the 3rd year; the full Group 1 module must be completed every 4 years)
- Print the Completion Report (a PDF file is fine) and submit to the Program Coordinator.