Overview of Phased Selection Process
Phase I: Initial applications for fellowships should be submitted online by using the interface at the link below. Applicants must provide contact and biographical information for themselves, submit a curriculum vitae and a personal statement, and identify both a primary and secondary mentor from the roster of MAGEC mentors. In addition, applicants must supply contact information for two references, from whom we will request letters of recommendation. One reference must be a current supervisor.
Phase II: Application materials will be reviewed. Top candidates will be invited to visit Vanderbilt for an interview with the Program Directors, faculty, both proposed mentors, and others. Candidates advanced to Phase II will be invited to submit a one-page Concept Proposal for a research project and asked to provide a letter of support from the proposed primary mentor.
- Hold an M.D., Ph.D., or other doctorate-level degree.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to pursuing a career in cancer epidemiology.
- Be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident (required by the NIH for this training grant)
Deadlines and Contacts
Please direct all inquiries to:
MAGEC Program Manager
Phone: (615) 936-0808
What you will need before you start:
- Your curriculum vitae ready for upload. (Word, PDF, RTF files are acceptable).
- Biographical Information (your mailing address, email address, citizenship, degree information, etc.)
- Names of potential mentors. You will be asked to select your dual mentors from among those listed on the Mentors page.
- Personal Statement ready for upload (Word, PDF, RTF files are acceptable).
- Contact information for required letters.
- Letters of Recommendation. You will be asked to supply names and contact information for 2 mentors or supervisors willing to provide a Letter of Recommendation for you. One letter must be from your current mentor or supervisor.
Link to the online application: