- The Vanderbilt Adult Kidney and Pancreas Transplant Program received the HRSA/Organ Donation and Transplantation Alliance Bronze Award at the 6th National Learning Congress for the Donation and Transplantation Community of Practice.
- Derek Moore, M.D., presented “Comparison of Open Live Donor Nephrectomy, Laparoscopic Live Donor Nephrectomy, and HandAssisted Live DonorNephrectomy: A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis,” at the SAGES World Congress, National Harbor, Maryland.
- Deonna Moore, NP, presented “Living Kidney Donor Evaluation and Factors Leading to Non-Donation” at the UNOS Tranplant Management Forum in Orlando, Florida, and at the American Transplant Congress.
- David Shaffer, M.D., presented the division’s experience with “Antibody Desensitization using IVIG in Living Donor Kidney Transplants with a Positive T-Cell Crossmatch,” at the ASTS 10th Annual State-of-the-Art Winter Symposium.
- Victor Zaydfudim, M.D., general surgery resident, was lead author of “Pretransplant Overweight and Obesity Do Not Affect Physical Quality of Life After Kidney Transplantation,” in the Journal of the American College of Surgeons.
- The Division continues its efforts to increase living kidney donation at Vanderbilt University Medical Center through antibody desensitization protocol with IVIG and Rituximab, and a paired kidney exchange program.