Global health is an interdisciplinary field that draws on expertise from a variety of domains, including education, economics, and business, to address complex health problems in low-resource settings. As such, all students are encouraged to participate in the various student events, programs, and courses that VIGH provides to learn more about this exciting field. From earning a certificate in global health to serving on the student advisory council, we hope that you will take advantage of the variety of professional development and learning opportunities that VIGH has to offer. Below you will find links to various organizations, events, and information that will help you learn more about global health and ways that you can contribute.
Nursing students, in addition to the information below, please refer to VUSN’s global health website.
VIGH has developed over 40 videos on numerous global health topics to help you learn more about working in health care delivery around the world. Click on this video to discover our global health video playlist.
- Global Health Courses
- Graduate Certificate in Global Health
- Master of Public Health (MPH), Global Health Track – dual degree options available:
- Dual degree with M.Ed. in International Education Policy and Management
- Dual degree with M.A. in Latin American Studies
- VIGH Student Advisory Council – SAC brings together diverse students interested in global health with the goal of fostering cross-disciplinary student networking and collaboration. Members of SAC serve as a bridge between VIGH and the student body. SAC coordinates two groups: the case competition and the global health alliance.
- Global Health Case Competition – This annual interdisciplinary competition brings together undergraduate, graduate, and professional students from each of Vanderbilt’s ten schools to create multifaceted solutions to a global health issue.
- Global Health Alliance – The GHA is a coordinating body to enhance collaboration and dissemination of information among Vanderbilt students interested in global health. Here you can find a list of all student global health organizations at Vanderbilt as well as links to their webpages.
- Join SAC’s Anchor Link page!
Global Health Opportunities Database – Find various domestic and global opportunities for internships and research with our VIGH partners.
- Global Health Video Modules – Learn more about a variety of global health topics including water and sanitation, malaria, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, nutrition, and quality improvement.
- Fogarty Global Health Fellowships
- Vanderbilt International Journal Club – a quarterly forum for faculty, residents, fellows, and medical students from all disciplines interested in international health care issues.
- International Global Health Work: Preparing for departure - resources and tips specific to:
- Digital video modules to prepare for international travel
- Please refer to the US Department of State for the most up to date information regarding visa information and travel details