Friends in Global Health is a Vanderbilt Health Services entity, currently operating in rural Mozambique with a national office in Maputo and program operations focused in Zambézia Province. Established in 2006, the organization has been an implementation partner of record with the Mozambican government since 2007, working closely with the Mozambican Ministry of Health and the U.S. Government.
With over 1,600 employees located in Mozambique, Friends in Global Health is positioned to lead and support health development programs, including the provision of technical assistance at the national, provincial, and district levels to operationalize sustainable models of community and facility-based health services.
We are seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Provincial Operations Director, based in Quelimane. Interested applicants should send their CV to email@example.com with the subject line “Provincial Operations Director,” through June 21, 2019.
Provincial Operations Director
- Represent the Organization with provincial government authorities
- Develop a network of contacts and strengthen relationships with other development partners
- Coordinate responses to all requests received at the provincial level, for financial or technical support
- Participate in meetings or calls with the program teams, national leadership and with the Organization's U.S.-based headquarters for decision-making in operational activities, goals, strategies
- Lead logistical coordination for visits from donors and other partners in the province
- Coordinate the preparation of reports requested by the provincial government
- Monitor the implementation of the risk mitigation plan and actively follow the evolution of the security situation at the provincial level, in coordination with the districts, local authorities, staff, and others
- Support the training department in the preparation and implementation of monthly workplans
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day operations of the Organization to facilitate sustainable progress at the provincial and district levels
- Develop, implement, and monitor systems to maximize transparency and control of operations
- Support the development, dissemination, and enforcement of the Organization’s procedures and SOPs
- Visit the district teams to monitor the implementation of SOPs and organizational policies, and take measures to prevent infringements
- Supervise the provincial heads of the Training, Administration, IT, Logistics and Infrastructure Departments, as well as the Deputy of the Operations Department
- Evaluate staff and assist in defining job descriptions and terms of reference
- Analyze, approve, and sign purchase orders in an efficient and thorough manner
- Ensure that payments are prepared in accordance with procedures, in coordination with the Provincial Finance Manager, and sign checks or bank transfers after verifying the documentation
- Cooperate with FGH's internal audit department and support the implementation of its recommendations
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration or related fields
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in project management, including financial management and oversight of large and complex project operations
- Experience in implementing health-development programs is an advantage
- Experience with U.S. government funding regulations; PEPFAR experience a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, among others)
- Experience in using CostPoint is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Fluent in Portuguese and English
- Ability to manage deadlines and deliver high volume of work with minimum supervision
- Ability to travel regularly in the districts
Only the pre-selected candidates will be contacted on the basis of the submitted documents. FGH reserves the right to close the application process before the deadline if it has identified the ideal candidate.