Arna Banerjee, MD
FOCUS: Education and training, event management
Arna Banerjee graduated from N.R.S. Medical College in India and then came to the United States in 1995 to join her family. While preparing for the USMLE Board Exams she worked on clinical trials in rheumatoid arthritis as well basic research in reproductive biology. In 1998 she joined the Department of Anesthesiology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center as a resident. During this time she developed an interest in Critical Care Medicine and decided to pursue a fellowship in Critical Care. Dr. Banerjee is married to Saptarshi Biswas, a general surgeon. Upon completion of her fellowship she plans to join the faculty at Vanderbilt and VAH and divide her time between the ICUs and the operating rooms.
Education & Training
Rotating Internship – NRS Medical College, Calcutta, India
MBBS – NRS Medical College, Calcutta, India
Resident House Staffship – General Surgery, NRS Medical College, Calcutta, India
Residency – Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Fellowship – Critical Care Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Recent Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
- Walia A, Mandell MS, Mercaldo N, Michaels D, Robertson A, Banerjee A, Pai R, Klinck J, Weinger M, Pandharipande P, Schumann R. Anesthesia for liver transplantation in US academic centers: institutional structure and perioperative care. Liver Transplantation: Official publication of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases and the International Liver Transplantation Society. 2012 Jun;18(6):737-43. PMID: 22407934.
- Weinger MB, Slagle JM, Kuntz AH, Schildcrout JS, Banerjee A, Mercaldo ND, Bills JL, Wallston KA, Speroff T, Patterson ES, France DJ. A Multimodal Intervention Improves Post-Anesthesia Care Unit Handovers. Anesth Analg. 2015 Mar 24. [Epub ahead of print]
- Banerjee A, Pandharipande P. Delirium. In: Bope ET, Rakel RE, Kellerman RD (editors), Conn's Current Therapy 2010. Saunders; 2010; 62nd ed 1117.
- Banerjee A, Easdown J, Weinger M.B. Anesthesia Equipment and Patient Safety. In: Sandberg WS, Urman RD, Ehrenfeld JM (editors), The MGH Textbook of Anesthetic Equipment. 2010; 1-9
- Banerjee, A. Crush Injury, Crush Syndrome, Traumatic Rhabdomyolysis, Muscle Reperfusion syndrome. In: Kellum, Fortenberry, Fuchs and Shaw (editors), Decision Support in Medicine, Program – Critical Care Medicine. (Submitted) 2011.
- Easdown, L. J., Banerjee, A, and Weinger, M.B. Simulation for assessing human responses to critical events. In: Lee, J. D. and Kirlik, A (editors), The Oxford Handbook of Cognitive Engineering (Oxford Library of Psychology) (Submitted). 2011
- Banerjee A, Pandharipande P. Delirium. In: Bope ET, Rakel RE, Kellerman RD (editors), Conn's Current Therapy 2011. Saunders; 2011.
- Banerjee A, Ely, W E, Pandharipande, P P. Agitation and Delirium. In: Fink, Abraham, Vincent (editors), Textbook of Critical Care. (Submitted) 2011; Chapter 2
- Banerjee A, Pandharipande P. Delirium. In: Bope ET, Rakel RE, Kellerman RD (editors), Conn's Current Therapy 2012. Saunders; 2012.