11th Annual School SLP Conference at Vanderbilt
August 3 and 4, 2023
When? In person and synchronous: August 3 and 4, 2023, 8:30 - Asynchronous: August 3 through August 31, 2023
Daily Sessions: 8:30 - 10:30, 10:45 - 12:15, 1:45 - 3:15
Again this year, the School SLP Conference will be hybrid. The in-person and synchronous (remote) sessions will be held from 8:30 - 3:15 on August 3 and 4. Asynchronous (remote) access available from August 4 through August 31, 2023
What? A conference specifically designed to meet the professional development needs of school speech-language pathologists. but all SLPs who serve children and students ages 3 through 21 find the conference valuable! Across two days, participants can earn 10 hours of professional development from the sessions offered. Registration fee is $75.00. We plan to offer a selection of sessions in-person as well as remotely.
Where? In-person attendance on the Peabody Campus of Vanderbilt University. Remote participants will access sessions online, synchronously or asynchronously, provided in early August.
REGISTRATION LINK: https://redcap.link/schoolSLP
We ask that you register no later than July 15, 2023 so that we are able to plan adequately for all participants.
We ask that all registration be paid by July 15, 2023. If your district needs to pay in the next fiscal year, please let us know and we will note that payment will be received after July 15. All registration fees must be paid before the conference dates, unless prior arrangements have been made.
1. Pay by credit card at: https://pay.instamed.com/vumc_hearing_speech If you are paying for another individual, please place their name(s) in the memo space.
2. Pay by check by mailing check to : C. Melanie Schuele, 8310 MCE, 1215 21st Avenue South, Nashville TN 37232
3. Request an invoice at firstname.lastname@example.org
School Conference Session Agenda
**Please return here in the weeks ahead for the full conference agenda**
All participants will have access to sessions that meet ASHA requirements for (a) ethics, (b) DEI, and (c) clinical supervision.
RESEARCH at the School SLP Conference
As always, we will have a couple of opportunities for you to participate in research as part of your participation in the conference. Please return here in July to learn more about these opportunities.
Vanderbilt University's parking office allows visitors to access paid hourly parking via the Parkmobile APP at $3.50 an hour. Consider carpooling. There are multiple pay parking lots – we suggest you access one of the two on map of parking options (see link above). The Wesley Place Garage will be the easiest and here is the google address: 1921-2041 Scarritt Pl, Nashville, TN 37212
General information about parking on campus and access to the parkmobile app: Visitor Parking | Parking Services | Vanderbilt University
If you arrive early, you may be able to find free parking on the streets surrounding campus. However, most streets are limited to only two hours of parking.
Please note: DO NOT park at the medical center, as these spots are reserved for patient visits. If you park in the medical center parking lots/garages, patients will be unable to find a space for their visits. So, it is essential that you DO NOT park in the medical center lots. Non-patient parkers will be fined and/or towed.
Getting from Wesley Place to the Wyatt Center for Registration
Follow the map to walk from Wesley Place Garage to the Wyatt Center
What does Wyatt building look like?
On Thursday morning, attendees will register from 7:45 - 8:15 and receive a schedule of sessions with assigned room numbers and a map of presentation locations. You will NOT need to register on Friday - you can go directly to your first presentation session. (NOTE: MNPS employees, follow directions provided by your Leads).
There will be a menu of sessions available for remote attendees. You may earn CE or PD credit for up to 10 hours of attendance/viewing. Synchronous viewing will be via a Zoom Link and asynchronous viewing will be via a Vimeo Link. Zoom links will be emailed to the email address you provided when you registered on the day before the conference (at noon CDT). The Zoom link will come from email@example.com via firstname.lastname@example.org. To be sure that you get the email, please place both of these addresses in your contact list. The Vimeo links will be shared at the end of each day, at about 5 pm and will come from the same email addresses.
Complete REDCAP Survey to Record Conference Attendance
Each attendee will receive a personalized link from REDCAP to record participation in the conference and "claim" CE or PD credit. You MUST use your personalized link. Sharing links among participants will result in erasure of previously entered information. You will receive the link the day before the conference (at noon CDT) from email@example.com via firstname.lastname@example.org. When logging on to the REDCAP link --
- You will provide your first and last name (If you are claiming ASHA CE, the name entered must match ASHA's records).
- You will provide your email (If you are claiming ASHA CE, the email entered must match ASHA's records)
- You will provide your mailing address (If you are claiming ASHA CE, the address entered must match ASHA's records)
- For each presentation that you are claiming "credit" for, you will
- select the presentation
- provide 1 -2 sentences on what you learned
- provide feedback to the presenter(s)
- You can return to the survey multiple times. Thus, we suggest that you complete the REDCAP survey after each session/presentation. Because you have an individual link to the REDCAP survey, you do not need any additional information to access multiple times.
- When you have completed all sessions/presentations that you wish to claim CE for, you will sign the survey and select SUBMIT. You must complete the survey by 11:59 pm on August 31, 2023.
- When you submit, you will immediately receive a copy of your responses with the appropriate documentation such that this copy serves as your attendance certificate. Please IMMEDIATELY save this document. We will be unable to provide the document to you at a later time.
- We will also ask you to provide some general conference feedback that assists in program evaluation and planning for 2024.
- If you indicate that you want your attendance sent to ASHA CE Registry, we will do this in September. If often takes several weeks for ASHA to post to your registry. Note: You must have paid the ASHA CE Registry fee for ASHA to track your CE credit: https://www.asha.org/ce/CEUs/
Our conference dates for 2024 will be set once Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools sets their 2024-25 academic calendar (which usually happens in October). As a result of your participation in this conference, we will place you on our mailing list (with the email you provided) and you will receive notification of the 2024 conference dates. Our newsletter comes from email@example.com and to be sure to receive information, please add this address to your contact list.