Welcome to Vanderbilt University Medical Center
VUMC offers visiting allied health students the opportunity to discover, learn and engage as our staff shares experiences in specific practice settings. Access to specific practice settings is dependent on staff availability and/or pre-scheduled training of full-time students from the Center for Programs in Allied Health.
At the current time, VUMC is only allowing visiting allied health students from institutions that have an Affiliation Agreement with VUMC. Please contact VUMCvisitingstudents@vumc.org to inquire about your institution's Affiliation Agreement or to initiate an agreement with VUMC.
Disclaimer: CPiAH will not help secure departmental contacts, placement or visit dates.
Use the sections below to learn more about next steps to visit VUMC.
We look forward to seeing you!
Students must be enrolled at one of the affiliate institutions on the list provided above. Students who wish to visit VUMC for clinical education purposes must communicate with their program and/or clinical coordinators at their respective schools. Coordinators will secure clinical experiences and establish contacts with respective VUMC departments.
Once a student is approved for visitation, students will receive welcome and onboarding materials through the CPiAH student information system. Students will be responsible for completing all Learning Exchange modules and submitting any other required document(s) BEFORE their clinical experience begins. Visiting students must remain with their supervisors or preceptors at all times and are expected to follow all VUMC policies and procedures while on-campus.
We are honored to host your students at VUMC. Before welcoming them to our clinical areas, please ensure you have read and understood the following information:
- The home institutions will coordinate with their VUMC contact to ensure that the department can accommodate visitors. (Disclaimer: CPiAH will not help secure departmental contacts or visit dates)
- The home institution will set visit start and end dates, as well as ensure they have a main point of contact within the VUMC clinical department in which students will visit.
- The representative from the VUMC Clinical Department will reach out to Allied Health at the email address VUMCvisitingstudents@vumc.org with the following information:
- Student's name and email address
- Student's start and end date for the clinical rotation(s)
- Name and email address for the representative from the student's home institution
- Name and email address of the representative from VUMC
- An Allied Health (CPiAH) Representative will reach out to the home institution to request they complete the Allied Health Visiting Student Form for each visiting student with all necessary information at least 60 days prior to visit start date.
- CPiAH staff will review submissions and grant or deny approval. They will then contact the student, clinical department, and home institution noted on the Allied Health Visiting Form.
- Once approval is granted, students will receive onboarding and welcome information.
- The student will be responsible for completing all Learning Exchange modules and submitting any other document(s) required BEFORE their clinical experience begins.
Required Documentation and Attestation
With the Visiting Student Application, you must provide the following:
- Attestation that the home institution has documentation of an affiliation agreement with VUMC, student background check, student health insurance, student immunization record, and a Liability Insurance Policy, all kept on file with the institution, and that all documentation can be produced on request or in the event of an audit.
- Click here to learn more about visitng allied health student immunization compliance requirements
Any questions should be directed to VUMCvisitingstudents@vumc.org.
If you are NOT currently affiliated with VUMC, click here to learn more about establishing an Affiliation Agreement.