2022 Administrative Fellowship Summer Internship
The Vanderbilt University Medical Center Summer Internship Program is a 10-week internship program that gives students currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate coursework the chance to receive practical experience in healthcare administration while positively impacting Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Program participants will be exposed to hospital and/or clinic operations and leadership through project-based work. Project opportunities vary and reflect both participant interest and the needs of the medical center or department. In addition, interns will have the opportunity for other experiences within the medical center and professional development opportunities.
Projects will be focused in a variety of business and operational areas across the medical center and may involve domains such as business development, finance, operations, process improvement, quality, and strategy. At the conclusion of the internship, interns are expected to present a deliverable, such as a presentation or business plan, to departmental and senior leadership recapping their project findings.
The VUMC Summer Internship Program is a 10-week commitment. Assignment length may also vary depending on the department and project scope. Interns are expected to work full-time during the week with their assigned departments and are responsible for keeping their project work on track to meet specific deadlines throughout the summer.
Compensation for the VUMC Summer Internship Program is based on a predetermined hourly rate and can vary depending on the project sponsor and intern educational status (undergraduate versus graduate).
2022 Virtual Information Session
Join us Friday, January 7, 2022 from 1:00-1:30 pm CST for an information session and to get your internship questions answered. Please visit here to register.
Applicants interested in applying must submit the following materials electronically before 11:50 pm CST on Friday, January 28, 2022.
- Current resume
- Cover letter addressing interest in healthcare and working at VUMC
- Unofficial undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts
- Applications need to be submitted through application portal here and addressed to the VUMC Administrative Internship Committee.
- Final Candidates will be sent a list of available project opportunities and asked to rank their top 3 preferred options.
- Final candidates will participate in a series of phone interviews with project preceptors February 16-23, 2022.
- Offers are extended no later than February 25, 2022.
Should you have any questions about the summer internship, please email