Vanderbilt Advanced Practice Vision
To be the national leader in advanced practice, education and research, in advanced practice roles and specialties and across the continuum.
Vanderbilt Advanced Practice Values
- We value patient safety and quality.
- We value strong, interprofessional and multidisciplinary collaboration and communication.
- We value a continuous learning environment.
- We value full scope of advanced practice education and practice.
- We value legal, ethical and professional integrity.
- We value scientific inquiry and translation of research into practice.
- We value innovative, diverse and visionary advanced practice leadership.
- We value improving the health of the community through outreach and wellness initiatives.
- We value patient and family centered care.
- We value effective shared decision making.
Services Our Office Provides
- Credentialing and privileging support
- Professional practice evaluation and advancement
- Professional education and development
- Quality development and assurance
- Licensure, certification, and regulatory guidance
- Recruitment framework and assistance
- Interprofessional initiatives
- Business case development for practice
- Staffing models and ratio guidelines
- Compensation structure, benefits, and professional support
- Shared governance model for entity specific and enterprise wide advanced practice councils, committees and boards
- Transition to practice guidelines for achieving role quality and competency in practice
- Support for APRNs, PAs, Physician and Nursing Leaders