The DAISY (Diseases Attacking the Immune System) Award is an international recognition program that honors and celebrates the skillful, compassionate care nurses provide every day. The DAISY Foundation was established by the family of J. Patrick Barnes after he died from complications of the auto-immune disease ITP in 1999. During his hospitalization, they deeply appreciated the care and compassion shown to Patrick and his entire family. When he died, they felt compelled to say "thank you" to nurses in a very public way.
Please say thank you by sharing your story of how a nurse made a difference you will never forget! Share your story.
|DAISY "Say Thank You to a Nurse" (8-1/2 x 11 flyer)|
• Regina Copeland, RN, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Winter 2009 Cohort)
• Sara Gray, BSN, RN, 8 South (Summer 2020 Cohort)
• Kailyn Christian, RN, North Pulmonary Medical Stepdown (Winter 2019 Cohort)
• Maci Malone, RN. Unit: Labor & Delivery (Summer 2017 Cohort)
• Hannah Martin, RN, Pediatric Surgery, Trauma, Adolescent Medicine (Summer 2019 Cohort)
• Maddie Cullen, BSN, RN, Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) (Summer 2018 Cohort)
• Sarah Tolan, BSN, RN, Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (PCICU)
• Carter Wamp, RN, Surgical Intensive Care Unit/Wound & Ostomy Nurse (Winter 2017 Cohort)
• Kayla Felker, RN, Adult 1 (Winter 2019 Cohort)
• Kaitlyn Henderson, RN, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) (Winter 2015 Cohort)
• Ashlyn Miniat, BSN, RN, TNCC, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) (Summer 2017 Cohort)
Winter 2018 (Inaugural)
• Mallory Johnson, BSN, RN, Adult 2 Unit (Summer 2017 Cohort)