You are ELIGIBLE to join the Genetics of Appendix Cancer (GAP) Study if you have been diagnosed with appendix cancer in the United States and are at least 18 years of age.
If you choose to participate in GAP, you will be asked to:
- Provide a small saliva sample using a kit that will be mailed at no cost to you
- Answer a brief questionnaire about your appendix cancer diagnosis/health history and share a quick update on your health every other year
- Allow us to study some of the tissue that a surgeon already removed, such as during your appendectomy
- Confidentially share medical/pathology records about your appendix cancer diagnosis
- Optional-- Share contact information for your biological parent(s) to request a small saliva sample
GAP Study volunteers and families are vital to advancing our knowledge about appendix cancer genetics and to learn how changes in our genes contribute to appendix cancer development.
Help us fill this crucial "GAP" in our appendix cancer knowledge now:
Alternative link to join the GAP Study: https://redcap.link/gapcancerstudy