Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to protecting our students, faculty, staff, and visitors from all types of hazardous weather, including, but not limited to: tornadoes, severe thunderstorms, lightning, and winter weather.
General Weather Resources
- Vanderbilt's Severe Weather Warning System
- VUMC Inclement Weather Plan (updated January 2014)
- VUMC Inclement Weather Policy
- Early Warning Weather Alert Quick Reference
- Tornado - Watch or Warning Poster
- Severe Weather Safety Links
- Ready.gov: Tornadoes
A loop of the previous hour's radar images from the National Weather Service's radar in Nashville (KOHX) is below .
Vanderbilt University Medical Center has been recognized as a StormReady facility by the National Weather Service.