Sydney Brenner, D.Phil.
- Distinguished Research Professor, The Salk Institute
- 2002 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine
- National Academy of Sciences member (Capstone Lecture of the Max Delbruck Centenary Celebration)
The Next 100 Years of Biology
September 14, 2016
Nancy Andreasen, M.D., Ph.D.
- Andrew H. Woods Chair of Psychiatry at The University of Iowa
- Institute of Medicine member
- Editor in Chief, The American Journal of Psychiatry
- 2006 Vanderbilt Prize Winner for outstanding woman in biomedical researchy
The Creative Brain: The Neuroscience of Genius
September 28, 2006
Harry Dietz, M.D.
- Victor A. McKusick Professor of Genetics and Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (Thomas P. Graham, Jr., lecture)
Marfan Syndrome and Related Disorders: From Molecules to Medicines
October 19, 2006
Marc Tessier-Lavigne, Ph.D.
- Senior Vice President for Research Drug Discovery, Genentech, Inc.
- National Academy of Sciences member (Paul D. Lamson lecture)
Wiring Nerves, Wiring Vessels: Common Mechanisms of Axon Guidance, Regeneration, and Vascular Patterning
October 26, 2006
Marc Kirschner, Ph.D.
- Chair of Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School
- National Academy of Sciences member (Orrin Ingram Distinguished Lecturer, Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
- Cell and Developmental Biology Distinguished Faculty Lecturer
Protein Degradation and the Timing of Events in the Cell Cycle
November 6, 2006
Kathleen Gould, Ph.D.
- Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
Regulating the end of the cell cycle: splitting up is hard to do
November 30, 2006