This website is intended as a doorway to COVID-19 information for our workforce, our patients and visitors and our community.
Providing compassionate care for our patients, training the next generation of health professionals and advancing healthcare through research are important missions that must continue. Doing so safely is our highest priority.
Since before first case of COVID-19 in Tennessee was announced on March 5, Vanderbilt University Medical Center mobilized to help lead the response to the public health crisis. Our efforts include expert clinical care and testing, guidance on best practices to reduce the spread of the coronavirus, and research into treatments and vaccines.
On this site you’ll find:
- Latest news for our workforce, from changes in policies to inspiring stories about colleagues and messages from leaders. The “drop-down” list under the Latest News link at the top of the site takes you directly to other related content and articles.
- Information for patients and visitors, including a drop-down list of links to specifics including COVID-19 related billing, use of telehealth, and visitor policies. We also includes resources in Spanish and Arabic, the most common languages in addition to English spoken by our patients.
- Clinical guidance, where those taking care of patients can find the latest information about infection control and PPE, COVID-19 testing and treatment, and other clinical resources.
- Information for employees, including in the drop-down list resources for managers to help their teams. Here you'll also find links to self care information and Shout Outs, our peer video messages of support.
- A link to resources for employers who are navigating the pandemic with their own employees.
Because this situation remains fluid, information is updated frequently. Members of the VUMC workforce should continue to watch MyVUMC emails and vumc2go for COVID-19 related news and notices.