Being current with COVID vaccinations and boosters is the best way to reduce risk of serious illness and protect those with underlying health conditions.
Schedule your COVID vaccines and boosters
- Learn more here about scheduling your COVID-19 vaccine from Vanderbilt Health.
- Or find a vaccine or booster close to home at Vaccines.gov.
- See latest on vaccination from the CDC.
Current visitor policies
Masking is optional in our hospitals and clinics for employees, patients and visitors. Please respect others' choices.
In some circumstances, such as a patient who has symptoms of acute respiratory infection, some patients may be asked to mask. This is how we did things before the COVID pandemic.
- Visitor policies for all hospitals except Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital.
- Visitor policies for Monroe Carell.
Sometimes, people have lingering symptoms after a case of COVID. Learn more about post-COVID care at Vanderbilt Health.
COVID testing before a procedure
- COVID testing is required before some surgeries and procedures at Vanderbilt Health. Learn more here.
- Prepare for your child's procedure at Monroe Carell.
Other Ways to Reduce Spread of Respiratory Infection
Here are some common-sense tips for reducing the spread of respiratory infections, including COVID, flu, RSV and common colds.
- Wash hands well and often.
- Keep distance from others in public settings.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with handkerchiefs or your inner arm/sleeve.
- Stay home if you feel sick, especially if you have a fever. If you must go out, wear a mask to protect others.