We are offering COVID-19 vaccine following the direction of the Tennessee Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The first phases of the state's plan include:
- Health care workers and people at long-term care facilities
- People age 70 and older
There are more phases in the state’s plan than those listed here. When we offer vaccines to patients in these other groups will depend on how many doses of the vaccine we have, as well as guidance from the state.
FOR OUR PATIENTS: Vaccinating the thousands of patients in our care will take time. We appreciate your patience. We will reach out to you when it is time to schedule your vaccine.
Here's what our patients should know now
- We’ll reach out to you when it’s your turn to get the vaccine. We’ll send you a message through your My Health at Vanderbilt Account (MHAV) to let you know it’s time for you to schedule your vaccine. MHAV is our online patient portal.
- In the meantime, if you have My Health at Vanderbilt, please check your communication preferences to make sure you have elected to get email notices. Also please log in to your account to make sure you remember your password and have access.
- If you don’t already have a My Health at Vanderbilt account, start yours now at this link.
- When it’s your turn, you will be able to easily schedule your vaccine appointments in MHAV.
- You must schedule in advance. We will not accept walk-ins.
- We are only giving the Pfizer vaccine. It is given in 2 doses 21 days apart.
- You’ll have to schedule both doses at the same time. It’s important that you show up for both appointments.
This is an evolving situation so please check back for updates.