Course Type: Video Event via Zoom
This course is designed for those nurses working in the Progressive Care Unit who wish to take the PCCN Examination offered by AACN. The Progressive Care Area is defined as any unit referred to as Intermediate Care, Direct Observation, Step-down, Telemetry Units, or Transitional Care. The course will focus on core concepts defined by AACN that are essential for caring for this diverse population of adult patients.
Program Learning Outcomes
This program prepares the learner to:
- Describe the PCCN Exam, test plan, and the practice requirements to sit for the exam.
- Construct a study plan for the exam based on understanding the blueprint and domains of practice covered.
- Identify common mistakes and pitfalls that are made during studying and testing for the exam.
- Recall the core components covered in the exam through didactic supplementation and test questions.
Thursday, April 13
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
• Applying to Take the Exam, Test-Taking Strategies
• Professional Caring, Ethical Practice
Friday, April 14
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
• Behavioral and Psychosocial
Kristen Luttenberger, MSN, RN, CCRN-CMC, PCCN, APN-C
Kristen’s professional experience includes working as an RN for nearly 25 years in the pediatrics, medical-surgical, telemetry, intensive and coronary care areas. She has served as a nurse educator for her entire career, currently works as a full-time cardiac nurse practitioner, and has also been a collegiate adjunct professor. Kristen is currently triple certified with critical care clinical certifications, along with her nurse practitioner license, and prides herself in working with critical care and progressive care nurses at the bedside and sitting for those certification exams every 3 years. Her entrepreneurial lectures on various evidence-based subject matters focus on a variety of topics, but mostly on the current guidelines and evidence for bedside nurses. She has been published three times on evidence-based improvement projects and was the lead writer for her unit’s Beacon Award, received four times from AACN. Kristen has spoken at the national level on targeted temperature management and on analyzing laboratory data on infection.
Contact Hours = 14
click for printable flyer
April 15, 2023
8:00 am - 4:30pm