E-Learning Course available now through December 31, 2021*; Open to VUMC Staff only
This course provides a comprehensive and up-to-date review of nursing management and leadership based on the CENP and NEA-BC exams. This course is packed with information that will not only promote certification exam success but will also enhance your practice as a nurse manager and leader.
- Review and discuss nurse executive certification exam content based on the CENP & NEA-BC exam content outlines.
- Attain information to support and enhance practice as a nurse executive.
- Course Topics:
- Overview of Exams, Test Taking Tips, and Leadership/Management Overview (Leadership Acumen: Results-Oriented Leadership)
- Business Skills, Principles, and Finances (Leadership Acumen: Financial Acumen for Nurses)
- Professionalism, Program Evaluation, Research, Legal and Regulatory Issues (Ethical Challenges Facing Nursing Leaders: Your Path to Success)
- Communication, Relationship Management, Teambuilding, Group Dynamics Conflict and Conflict Resolution (Leadership Acumen: Unleashing Innovation and Creativity and Leadership Acumen: Leading People)
- Knowledge of the Healthcare Environment, Innovation, Healthcare Technology, and Client Safety (Leadership Acumen: Strategic Thinking and Practicing Resiliency in Times of Increasing Change: Build Your Team
Lori Armstrong, DNP, RN, NEA-BC
Dr. Lori Armstrong has served for over twenty years in a variety of nursing leadership roles including chief nursing executive and other middle-management roles in several of the national leading academic medical centers. She has led a major quality and patient safety organizational initiative leading to significant improvements in patient outcomes. Additionally, Lori has led her organization to extraordinary levels of high patient satisfaction and low levels of nursing turnover. She has served on multiple national boards and advisory councils focused on eliminating maternal and pediatric harm. Additionally, Lori has provided nearly 10 years of service to the National Association of Neonatal Nurses including in the positions of Board Director, President, and Immediate Past President. Lori brings her expertise and passion for nursing leadership to her role as faculty for the Nurse Manager Certification (CNML & NE-BC) Review Course for nurse managers and the Nurse Executive Certification (CENP & NEA-BC) Review Course for nurse executives.
Contact Hours = 5.0
Click for registration