NP, Physician Assistant, and/or DNP students in need of a VUMC preceptor (excluding physician preceptors)
VUMC requests that school administrators and/or faculty, in addition to students, refrain from directly contacting NP and PA-C providers to request placements.
Completed applications will be reviewed to best match applicants with preceptors (excluding physician preceptors) within the students’ clinical area of interest based on preceptor availability.
**Students who have agreed on and arranged a preceptorship with a VUMC physician must fill out the placement request form at least 8 weeks prior to the anticipated start date of the rotation. The application timeline is only for students in need of a VUMC preceptor and who would like to apply to be potentially matched with a NP or PA-C preceptor (see application instructions below). If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Semester of Placement
(January1 - April 30)
|October 1, 2022||
November 11, 2022
|Summer 2023 Placement
(May 1 - July 31)
|February 1, 2023||March 10, 2023|
- Please complete your application request no more than 1 semester prior to your anticipated clinical rotation need.
- Upload your most recent unofficial transcript, cover letter, resume, and syllabus (if available) for the course pertaining to your rotation.
- The application will need to be completed in full prior to review by VUMC.
- All applications submitted by the deadline will be reviewed equally after the application deadlines.
- Application status updates cannot be provided prior to notification deadlines.
- You will be notified by email@example.com regarding your application as noted on the timeline above.
- If matched with a provider, there is no guarantee that all clinical hours can be completed with the provider.
- The completion of an application does not guarantee clinical placement.
The VUMC Student Placement team may share applicable components of your application with potential preceptors and advanced practice leadership in search of a placement match.
Because VUMC has a high demand for preceptorships, especially in specialty clinical areas like Pediatrics and Women’s Health, we strongly encourage you not to limit your search for clinical placement options to one organization.
*If you have any questions regarding any clinical experiences, please contact Student Placement directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.