Upon your request form being deemed eligible, the following language can be included in your activity's advertising:
This event is eligible for nursing continuing professional development (NCPD) contact hours; however, the number of hours is yet to be determined.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nursing Education and Professional Development, is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Upon completion of all required documentation, the nurse planner will indicate the value of contact hours and provide you with the specific language you can include on advertising moving forward.
Agenda (If greater than 3 hours)
The Agenda Form provides detailed information for participants and contains the fields required of our accrediting body. It includes the following:
- event title
- start/end time
- desired learning outcome
- content time (ensuring breaks are excluded from contact hour value)
- topic(s) covered
- presenter(s) name and credentials
- event contact
The Planning Table is provided to the designated activity contact who helps coordinate its completion with the input of the event faculty. It identifies the following:
- Name and date of educational activity
- Content to be covered
- Time required to cover content
- Presenter/author name(s) and credentials
- Learning engagement strategies
- Evidence-based references
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships (On-line)
A Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships is required of all people involved in the educational activity who have the ability to control content. This electronic form requests the following:
- Financial relationships with ineligible companies within the last 24 months
- Reference unlabeled/unapproved use of drugs/products in any presentation
- Attestation of continuing education value statements
- Adherence to high standards of professionalism
A standardized PowerPoint slide will be provided to the activity contact. This slide—or its contents in an alternative format—must—be displayed to learners prior to the start of the activity. This is an ANCC requirement. This disclosure outlines the following: relevant financial relationship status for all people involved in controlling content of the educational activity (if a clinical topic); successful completion criteria needed to obtain contact hours, the accreditation statement; and the following if applicable: Joint Providership status, Commercial Support details, and expiration date.
The on-line evaluation assesses:
- Measures the established learning outcome
- Provides feedback to the planning committee regarding speakers and learner engagement strategies
- Provides the participant with their certificate for ANCC NCPD contact hours
Joint Provider Agreement (If Applicable)
The document is used when the VUMC Provider Unit jointly provides the educational activity with another organization.
Exhibitor (If Applicable)
This document identifies the guidelines as well as the entity that has been chosen to be an exhibitor at an NCPD activity that receives nursing contact hours.
Commercial Support Agreement (If Applicable)
This document identifies any entity that has chosen to give commercial support to an NCPD activity that receives nursing contact hours.