In light of VUMC’s planning around the coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to take this opportunity to communicate how general health and safety precautions are being handled by teachers and staff in the VUMC Child and Family Center. As of now, all staff have been instructed to follow the same best practices typically recommended during flu season:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or elbow
- Avoid touching any part of the face
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Clean and disinfect all surfaces and objects
In addition, the webpage “Information for Employees and Patients”, as well as the state's Public Information COVID-19 Hotline: (877) 857-2945 are recommended resources for general information. VUMC teachers and staff who are concerned they may be ill or are questioning symptoms should call the VUMC COVID-19 hotline at (888) 312-0847 for assessment.
Adjustments will be made in the centers as new information becomes available in accordance with VUMC leadership. Any updates will be communicated.
Director, Child and Family Services