Zoom 5.0, with enhanced encryption, is ready to download now. Get it before May 30, 2020, or you will not be able to start or join a Zoom meeting until you have updated your version of Zoom.
Download the update on the Zoom downloads page by clicking on Zoom Client for meetings (see A). If you have the Outlook Plugin, make sure to update your Zoom Plugin for Microsoft Outlook as well (see B).
The release will be fully enabled on May 30. All security features will be accessible by clicking on the green shield (see C) from the Host Menu in a Zoom meeting. Meeting hosts can now:
- Report a User to Zoom’s Trust and Safety team
- Lock a meeting after everyone has arrived
- Remove participants, if needed
Other new meeting safeguards include:
- Waiting Room enabled by default
- More complex Meeting IDs and passwords
- Additional recording security
- Find out more about Zoom 5.0 here
Get information on Zoom at VUMC.