A new mobile app, vumc2go, connects members of the Vanderbilt University Medical Center community to current COVID-19 news and updates with just a few taps of the finger.
Vumc2go, in its beta release, will complement the website, VUMC.org/coronavirus, by distilling the resources the workforce needs about medical center preparation, operations, and employee impact. It will be updated daily alongside the continuing daily emails and website updates.
VUMC is prepared and ready to support the region as it tackles the emergence of COVID-19, the novel coronavirus. Connectivity and enterprise-wide preparedness is a critical tenet of the medical center’s complex response.
“Ensuring a steady flow of relevant information is vital to efficiency of the medical center’s operations and essential to the success of our workforce. We want vumc2go to be a pocket resource for the latest workplace information when you need it,” said John F. Manning Jr., PhD, Chief Operating Officer and Corporate Chief of Staff.
The app, available for download in the VUMC App Store, is designed to keep the growing VUMC employee community informed with necessary, timely information. It is a critical component of VUMC’s evolving internal communications platform that will ensure employees, no matter where they are, get timely information.
This beta app is created with you — the employee — in mind. It will evolve in the coming months to make navigating VUMC easier and more engaging.
Current app features, in addition to the newsfeed, include:
- notifications about new Newsfeed articles since you last visited
- the ability to bookmark articles
- a directory so you can locate and email colleagues
- a resource library that will expand to answer more staff questions
- a direct link to enterprise publications and social media
- It is downloadable on Apple iOS and Android. Install MDM to access the VUMC App Store with Hub to get vumc2go.