Psychoeducational group for parents who are faculty or staff at VUMC
Parenting can be challenging during the best of times.
With COVID-19, it can feel even more difficult as parents juggle worries about health, work, finances, school, and our children’s well-being -- all while also trying to parent, work and keep up with our own self-care.
It’s a lot!
We invite you to join our weekly discussions for support and parenting tips during COVID-19. This group will provide a space to come together and build resilience as parents and individuals.
Discussions will include, but are not limited to, some important questions:
- How can I discuss the virus with my children?
- How can I help my children cope with the uncertainty and stress of this pandemic?
- What are helpful tips for social distancing for my children and me?
- I have many worries (e.g., potential exposure, job changes, aging parents, home schooling) during this time. What can I do about these worries?
- What are some helpful ways to discuss grief, loss and “heavy feelings” with my children and family during this time?
- How can I strengthen my own resilience during this challenging time?
Any VUMC faculty or staff or their parenting partner is welcome to attend a discussion group each week for one hour. Two weekly groups will be offered, one in English and one in Spanish.
To express interest please go to the link and type “Parenting Group” in the “Other” box at https://redcap.link/COVIDCOPING