You will need to be at home for at least 10 days from when you tested positive.
If you tested outside of the VUMC system:
- Upload the documentation of your positive test to the Occupational Health website via the “Outside Positive COVID Test” in REDCap on the Occ Health home page. Occupational Health will then call you to follow up and review next steps regarding your return to work.
- Contact Occupational Health at 615-936-0955 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t have documentation or if you have other questions or need assistance. (Do not send personal medical information via email).
If you tested within the VUMC system:
Occupational Health will call you. They will call you again 10 days after your test date to determine whether you can return to work or need further evaluation.
Most employees (but not all) will be able to return to work if the following criteria are met:
- It has been at least 10 days from when you tested positive.
- You have been fever-free without fever-reducing medication for 24 hours.
- You have overall improvement in your symptoms.