When a VUMC employee receives a request or offer for donated meals or snacks this procedure should be followed to both receive and distribute food donations.
- Food must be commercially prepared and individually packaged for individual distribution. No buffet style meals can be accepted.
- Donations of meals will be scheduled at 12 p.m. or 7 p.m. to accommodate both day and night shifts.
- Pending the number of calls and donations confirmed, there may or may not be daily meals provided.
- Pending the amount of food donated, at any given time, not all staff will be provided with meals. In Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt and in Vanderbilt University Adult Hospital, Volunteer Services will track and manage accordingly, ensuring donations are shared across departments.
To schedule donated meals, donors may contact Volunteer Services staff through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cynthia Warner, lead administrative assistant for Volunteer Services, will review email inquiries and forward to the appropriate staff contacts for each entity. Communication with the potential donor will be provided via email.
Meal donations for Children’s Hospital:
- Erin Rothwell, senior administrative assistant for Child Life Services, will coordinate donations for MCJCHV.
- Donor will meet a Patient and Family Centered Care (PFCC) team member in the South Garage on the 4th floor where parking spots are reserved for donation deliveries.
- PFCC team member will provide a thank you certificate to donor.
- As PFCC team members are available, they will distribute to staff break rooms. When PFCC team members are not available, unit managers and staff leaders will be asked to come to a central location (Family Resource Center) to pick up food for their units.
Meal donations for Vanderbilt University Adult Hospital:
- Cynthia Warner will coordinate donations for VUAH.
- Donor will meet a member of the Volunteer Services team at the entrance to the VUAH Lobby Valet Drop Off on Medical Center Drive.
- Volunteer Services staff will distribute to staff break rooms. When Volunteer Services staff are not available, unit managers and staff leaders will be asked to come to a central location to pick up food for their units.
Meal donations for Vanderbilt Behavioral Health
- VBH staff will distribute to staff break rooms.
Meal donations to Vanderbilt Wilson County campus
- To schedule a donation, donors may contact Community Relations through email at email@example.com
- Donor will meet a food and nutrition team member on the dock for deliveries.
- The director/department leader will be notified via email (if the time allows) about dates and times of meal donations to their department.
- As food and nutrition team members are available, they will distribute to staff break rooms. When they are not available, directors and/or department leaders will be asked to come to a central location to pick up food for their units.
Meal donations for VUMC Assessment Sites
- Volunteer Services will arrange with assessment sites for donation.
- Donations will be delivered directly to the assigned assessment site.
Gift Card Donations for staff meals
- We are only able to accept specific restaurant gift cards per Compliance and COI guidelines. For example, we would not be able to accept a VISA gift card to be used by our staff.
- Each gift card should be relatively equal to the cost of one moderate meal.
- All inquiries for gift card donations will be managed by our Corporate Development office. Inquiries should be sent to Erin.Morrison@vumc.org
- Every attempt will be made to distribute gift cards evenly to VUMC staff and also comply with the donor’s intent.