COVID-19 Vaccines: What You Should Know Now
COVID-19 Vaccines: Common Questions
Browse or search our list of more than 130 questions about COVID-19 vaccines, answered by Vanderbilt Health experts.
Learn more about COVID-19 vaccines
You can feel good about getting your COVID-19 vaccine by learning more. Here are some resources from Vanderbilt Health and other trusted experts.
- Common Questions about COVID-19 Vaccines. Browse or search our list of more than 100 questions answered by Vanderbilt Health experts.
- Watch videos featuring Vanderbilt Health experts.
- Read about the COVID-19 vaccines and allergies.
- View the CDC website.
- Check the Tennessee Department of Health website for updates to the state's vaccination plan and other information.
- Read information from the Food and Drug Administration (what's in the vaccine, side effects and other important details).
Surge has slowed; call for vaccination still critical
Across the state, just more than half of people remain unvaccinated against COVID-19 than vaccinated. This allows the virus to continue to spread and change, possibly into forms that are more dangerous.
While the most recent "surge" in cases of COVID-19 is beginning to lessen, hospitals are still seeing many people who are very sick -- and most of those continue to be unvaccinated individuals.
Among the vaccinated individuals who are contracting COVID-19 and becoming so sick they need hospitalization, the overwhelming majority have previous underlying conditions that prevented full protection from the vaccine.
The vaccines still are doing their most important job -- reducing our risk of serious illness, hospitalization and death.
If you've been vaccinated, thank you for taking action to protect yourselves and those around you. If you haven't been vaccinated, please do so soon -- or have a conversation with your doctor.
We continue to encourage taking precautions including wearing masks in indoor settings and avoiding large crowds.
Learn more about scheduling your vaccine with Vanderbilt Health. This includes boosters per CDC guidelines.
Common questions about 3rd doses of vaccine for those with weakened immune systems.
Watch Our Videos
Check out the latest video content related COVID-19 vaccines, from vaccine basics to vaccines and pregnancy.
View the collection here, featuring Vanderbilt Health experts.