COVID-19 Vaccines: What You Should Know Now
COVID-19 Vaccines: Common Questions
Browse or search our list of more than 130 questions about COVID-19 vaccines, answered by Vanderbilt Health experts.
Learn more about COVID-19 vaccines
You can feel good about getting your COVID-19 vaccine by learning more. Here are some resources from Vanderbilt Health and other trusted experts.
- Common Questions about COVID-19 Vaccines. Browse or search our list of more than 100 questions answered by Vanderbilt Health experts.
- Watch videos featuring Vanderbilt Health experts.
- Read about the COVID-19 vaccines and allergies.
- View the CDC website.
- Check the Tennessee Department of Health website for updates to the state's vaccination plan and other information.
- Read information from the Food and Drug Administration (what's in the vaccine, side effects and other important details).
Urgent Call for Vaccination
Across the state, more people are unvaccinated against COVID-19 than vaccinated. This is allowing the more contagious delta variant of the virus to spread rapidly across our region.
Cases of COVID-19 are rapidly increasing and filling hospitals across our region. Those who are getting very sick, requiring hospitalization, and dying from COVID-19 are almost all people who have not been vaccinated against COVID-19.
People who have been vaccinated can be infected, and they can spread the virus to others. The vaccine appears to be working well to prevent serious illness and hospitalization except in those with underlying conditions that weaken their immune system and its response to the vaccine.
Our hospital emergency departments and walk-in clinics are seeing heavy volume as a result. Thank you for your understanding during a trying time for our patients, our employees and our community.
Please, if you have not yet been vaccinated against COVID-19, do so as soon as possible. Please take other precautions including wearing masks in indoor settings and avoiding large crowds.
Learn more about scheduling your vaccine with Vanderbilt Health.
Common questions about 3rd doses of vaccine for those with weakened immune systems.
Watch Our Videos
Check out the latest video content related COVID-19 vaccines, from vaccine basics to vaccines and pregnancy.
View the collection here, featuring Vanderbilt Health experts.