The VUMC/FGH team presented results from various program evaluation projects at the 17th INTEREST Conference (held in-person in Maputo, Mozambique and virtually) on May 9-12, 2023.
The team presented on four abstracts accepted as poster presentations, led by FGH’s Evaluations Director, Dr. Caroline De Schacht, Technical Director, Dr. José Tique, and Evaluations Manager, Dr. Celso Belo, as well as five abstracts accepted for inclusion in the conference abstract book.
The INTEREST 2023 conference program and all presented abstracts are available online in the Abstract Book. Information on FGH-presented abstracts and their location in the book (abstract and page numbers) are provided here:
- Favorable Effect of Differentiated Models of Care on Retention in Care and Viral Suppression among Adults on Antiretroviral Treatment: Retrospective Cohort Study in Zambézia Province, Mozambique (2016-2021), José Tique; Abstract #66, Page #61
- Prevalence of SARS-CoV-2 among Persons on HIV Antiretroviral Treatment in Mozambique: Baseline Characteristics among Participants of the COVIV Cohort Study, Edna Nhacule; Abstract #100, Page #86
- Trends of Coverage and Yield of HIV Testing Services Using a Lay Counselor-Led Intensified HIV Risk Screening Strategy in Zambézia Province, Mozambique: An Interrupted Time Series Analysis (2019-2020), Caroline De Schacht; Abstract #154, Page #124
- Trends in Interruptions in Treatment Among Men, Pregnant Women and Non-Pregnant Women: Retrospective Cohort Study in Zambézia Province, Mozambique (2013-2021), Caroline De Schacht; Abstract #235, Page #181
Abstract book presentations:
- Assessing the infection prevention and control program during the COVID-19 era in the health facilities participating in the COVIV national study in Mozambique, Celso Belo; Abstract #381, Page #280
- Serodiscordant couples’ perspectives on an HIV/PrEP educational storytelling intervention piloted in Zambézia Province, Mozambique, Erin Graves; Abstract #526, Page #377
- Integrating civil birth registration (Unique Civil Identification Number) into the Health Information System through the Pediatric HIV Care Services in Zambézia Province, Mozambique, Celso Belo; Abstract #583, Page #416
- Favorable Outcomes of Option B+ Strategy Despite COVID-19 Restrictions: Retrospective Cohort Study in Zambézia Province, Mozambique (2019-2021), Caroline De Schacht; Abstract #663, Page #469
- “If it weren't for this, we'd be sick” – Participants’ perspectives of a novel couple-based HIV care, treatment, and support program during prenatal and postpartum periods in Zambézia Province, Mozambique, Hannah Brooks; Abstract #700, Page #493