Research in the Alliance follows the principles of partnership and community engagement, emphasizing the engagement of patients and community stakeholders in all phases of research, addresses health disparities, health interventions, participant engagement, and patient-centered outcomes in health care.
Types of support include:
- Inter-institutional collaborative research support
- Connecting faculty; identifying research resources and facilitating resource access; letters of support; providing manuscript, presentation and grant writing support; coordinating training opportunities
- Alliance-initiated Community Engaged Research
- Patient Centeredness Scale Development
- Trust in Biomedical Research Scale Development
- Investigations in comparative effectiveness when communities are engaged in research and implementation